Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Tuesday March 10th

I hit the garlic hard today, consuming nearly an entire bulb in a 24 hour period. (photo). Total consumption was 3 fresh cloves and 7 cooked. I had a rather vicious chest cold that had to be knocked out.

PhotobucketThe readers of this blog probably know me fairly well so I wont spend too much time introducing myself in this first post, but here are a few details. I am a thrifty Indie rocker who loves flavor. I consider myself a freegan. A freegan is someone who believes food, among other things, is a basic human right and should therefore be free. Enough food is thrown away in America to feed everyone who goes hungry. I decided to take advantage of this fact. live in a small shack in NW Oklahoma City. I play in the bands Evangelicals and Brother Gruesome, and The Hex/The Grammarians my weekly food budget is roughly 10 dollars (when i treat myself to a large bowl of pho once a week.) With that out of the way lets get back into what I ate on Tuesday March 10th.

7:00AM
I ate an apple and a frosty delight for breakfast. All washed down with a tea steeper full of coffee and a spoon full of Folgers instant coffee to make a "shot in the Dark"

Untitled

Photobucket

Haven't heard of Frosty Delights you say? Spend some time in an Aldi Food Store (or their dumpster) and you will. They throw out case after case of these things. I have a scheme to make a lot of money off frosty delights send me a message if your interested in getting in on this with me!
After breakfast it's off to the Cox Convention center to work where I ate a stale glazed doughnut that the local stage hand union was so generous to provide.
(picture removed by TPSO due to incriminating content)


When i got home at 11 am I worked insulating my shed against the coming cold weather.

Photobucket
2:30pm
4 slices of cheese pizza from Dominoes toasted with fresh jalepeno and garlic. This pizza was a costly score because shortly after acquiring it at 4:30 am monday night I wrecked my bike in a construction zone hurting my wrist. I can however still play guitar.
7:00pm.I cooked a bowl of pinto beans and rice with Jalepeno peppers and fresh garlic.

Photobucket

Special thanks to Dylan for giving me that rice last time I was in Norman.

Brian came over to record some bass tracks for Brother Gruesome. We drank coffee with whiskey.

Photobucket

At 1:00am I got a call from Kyle (check out his blog) in Norman telling me that our free Dickies had arrived and it was time to try them on (Thanks Post Hoc for the awesome coveralls!). After trying the clothes and drinking a Coke Zero I found myself eating Pizza and Cheesy bread with Josh and Kyle. That concludes the day. The coming week will find Evangelicals at SXSW. I will be eating free for a week. I plan on carrying a backpack and loading up on every grub spot I come across. I cant wait we are playing with some awesome bands including Women, The Pains of Being Pure at heart, and Abe-Vigoda. Until next time eat free!

Songs I like this week this week:
Bowerbirds - In our talons
Donovan- The magpie
Cass McCombs- "What isnt nature"


No comments:

Post a Comment