Saturday, March 14, 2009

March Madness

Thanks Cameron, Diana, and Jim for your comments and suggestions on ways to eat free, and free food culture. I am always open to new ideas and alternate ways to get food or what people think I need more or less of in my diet. Lately I've had a bit too much of this:

Photobucket

I woke up early today and began work on my room. My friend BC, who works at the Omniplex science museum, gave me these panels that have the periodic table of elements painted on them. My room now resembles some kind of an insane asylum.

Photobucket

I ate some more Visailia Grapes and a Sobe Immunity water while working. The work kept me too busy to eat a meal so I had to go to my sound gig hungry.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

My job was running sound for a shadow puppet show I helped BC record last week titled "Big Swamp Mermaid." Lucky for me the Plaza District art walk has plenty of good free food and wine.

Photobucket

The plaza district art walk gets my endorsement as the best art walk in OKC. It typically happens the Friday following the Paseo Art Walk, or should I say Stingy Hoity-toity Yuppie walk. The Plaza District is located on NW 16th Street Between McKinley and Indiana. I hope to see you there next month. If you go there be sure to pay a visit to the "Bad Grannys" shop They sell all sorts of granny's attic style clothing, crafts, art, and other cool junk. I got a big jar of old 2" pins/buttons, and a musical instrument for my good friend Peninsula, all for 5 bucks.
Later my roommate Nicolas and I went to the Hilo Club to see some friends and have a drink. The night ended as every Friday should with a Jalapeno Garlic Tomato and Pineapple pizza from my new favorite late nite grub Pizza Palace.

Photobucket

Saturday March 14.
"The Big 12 Ultimate Fan Experience!"

Photobucket

My pizza and beer coma left me only minutes to be at work today. I drank 2 jars of water and left for the Cox convention center to take apart "The Ultimate Fan Experience." Yes the Big 12 college basketball championchip took place in Oklahoma City this year. I work as a stage hand for various concerts, Broadway shows, and conventions that happen downtown. Bricktown was so packed due to he big 12 that I was forced to park at Toby Kieths "I Love This Bar and Grill!" Thats the stupidest fucking name for a restaurant. While running the half mile from there to the convention center I picked up a free beverage from a Big 12 sponsor.

Untitled

My thirst for sugar and caffeine satisfied it was time to look as busy and do as little as possible. (its a union gig)

On my break we were allowed to help ourselves to some wholesome snacks that were left by our generous sponsors.

Untitled

Thanks to Kraft foods, Frito Lay, Nestlie, Quaker oats, and Deer Creek water for providing me with the days first meal.

When I got home from work Nicolas had prepared a delicious tomato soup from the excess of tomatoes I dumpsterd from the Aldi in Moore.
I ate 2 cups of soup while boiling some noodles.
The tomato soup ingredients were: fresh tomatoes, fresh garlic, basil, oil, and soy sauce. I mixed it with 1/2 a can of tomato paste to make a sauce for my noodles. It was delicious.

Photobucket Thanks aunt Suzanne for the noodles you gave me for Christmas. I have found them very useful.

SXSW is 2 days away!!

What I'm listening to:
Final Fantasy- "He poos clouds"
Jeff Buckley- "Sketches for my sweetheart the drunk"

No comments:

Post a Comment